RISE UP Counseling
Service Types Offered
- Trauma Focused - Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Trauma Focused- Integrated Play Therapy (TF-IPT)
Rise Up Play Therapy Room
Sand Tray Therapy
- Children and Family Traumatic Stress Intervention (CFTSI)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
Maddie - Rise Up Therapy Dog
Looking for the Counseling Portal?
- Alternatives for Families-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (AF-CBT)
- Seeking Safety
- Practice Self-Regulation (PS-R)
No Show Appointments fee
Brain in the Palm of the Hand
Teaching kids emotional regulation or how to calm down when they are upset takes time and practice. One great way to teach this idea is through Dr. Daniel Siegel's Brain in the Palm of Hand model. This empowers kids to be aware of the part of the brain that takes over when they are upset, and the important part that is accessible when they are calm. It teaches them to talk about where their brain is at and how they are feeling in the moment, as a first step to getting regulated and back in control. With practice, this grows more of the neurological loops that are needed to strengthen executive functioning and self-control.